Japan Day 3

Boy! Do I have a story for today!

So I woke up at 1:30 AM from nap that start at 2:30pm the day before. I must have been exhausted. My plan was to go to Hiroshima to check out the 2 UpGarages that are there. I found out that UpGarage doesn’t open until 11Am. I tried to fall back asleep but couldn’t. I updated my build thread on Zilvia, FaceTime my parents, and tried to organize my photos. I went to get breakfast and after all that it was only about 6:30 AM.


I walked around and tried to waste more time but it got to the point where I was ready to head out. About 9AM, I grabbed the Forester so that I could get gas. Well the old man that was the service attendant put diesel in. I started the car and it died. Great! I felt bad because I should of known more Japanese so these things wouldnt happen.

We pushed the car back away from the pump and I started to look for a drain plug. Well there wasnt one. So I went ahead with removing the fuel pump so that I could access the gas tank to remove the diesel. When I removed the lines, one of the O rings broke. COOL! At this point, I contacted Richard and Beau to see if they could get someone to take me to get a new O ring. Another military guy, Mike, had O rings and was able to swing by to help me out. Got the new O ring on and everything was ok. Got gas and headed out. Mike’s wife was going to Hiroshima and she invited me to follow her so I wouldn’t get lost.

IMG_0023 IMG_0024

I decided I would get lunch and walk around another part of Iwakuni to take pictures. I got McDonald’s for lunch. Still tastes like McDonalds. Not much better than the US. Walked around for 2 hours but I was ready to go. So I went to Hiroshima.

IMG_1159 IMG_1160 IMG_1161 IMG_1162 IMG_1163 IMG_1165 IMG_1178

Got to Hiroshima, went to both UpGarages, YellowHat, and Autobach. Drove around the city, I defiantly need to go back for a whole day to walk around. It’s much bigger than Iwakuni. Got home after about 5 hours.

IMG_0041 IMG_0042 IMG_0043

Dinner was Goyza, tempura chicken, fried rice and soup.


It was 8:30pm and I was exhausted so I went to sleep. Woke up at 4:45am.

One thought on “Japan Day 3

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s